On Thursday 19th September the whole of year 9 went off to the coal mine in Wakefield as part of their Geography topic, economic activities. They have been investigating the rise and fall of the coal mine industry and the trip was designed to enable them to understand the conditions that people faced ‘down pit’. The group enjoyed the tour down the mine, particularly when they realised that at their age, they would have been working there for the last 8 years or so! The group also toured around the site after the underground tour, visiting the old bath house and the pit ponies. A big thank you to Miss Walker, Mrs Burton and Ameena Ashcroft for accompanying us all on the trip. Ameena enjoyed having her photo taken as Morris the Miner!
- Exciting Adventures for Year 5 and 6 at Bewerley Park Outdoor Educational Centre
- Our Dynamic Performing Arts Department: Outstanding Achievements, History, Shows and Courses
- Fyling Hall’s Cultural Programme of Events Celebrates Our Diverse Backgrounds
- Friends of Fyling Hall PTA Fundraising, Updates and Events
- All We Need Now is the Children – Junior School Teachers Have Been Getting Ready!