Every Wednesday afternoon our senior debating club meet to discuss ethical current affairs topics and to practise our debating skills. This week we practised sharpening our ability to think on our feet and create argument quickly by playing ‘Rebuttal Tennis’. This is a quick fire game where, after pupils are paired up, one partner makes a statement related to a debate topic such as “assisted suicide is unacceptable in all cases,” and the other must quickly offer a rebuttal. The original student then rebuts this statement, and the two continue back and forth. The winner is the person who does not run out of rebuttal statements first!
- Exciting Adventures for Year 5 and 6 at Bewerley Park Outdoor Educational Centre
- Our Dynamic Performing Arts Department: Outstanding Achievements, History, Shows and Courses
- Fyling Hall’s Cultural Programme of Events Celebrates Our Diverse Backgrounds
- Friends of Fyling Hall PTA Fundraising, Updates and Events
- All We Need Now is the Children – Junior School Teachers Have Been Getting Ready!