How about a little quiz to test those little grey cells! Courtesy of Miss Gilmour, have a go at this Geography quiz. Good luck!
1. What is the capital of Chile?
2. In which city would you find La Sagrada Familia?
3. Which river rises in the Himalayas in India and drains into the Bay of Bengal?
4. In which country is the worlds highest waterfall?
5. Machu Picchu can be found in which country?
6. In which European city would you find the Spanish Steps?
7. Which four presidents are engraved on Mount Rushmore?
8. Ship’s captains are empowered to conduct two religious rites – name them?
9. Which continent has the largest desert in the world?
10. Which Asian country is bigger than France, Spain and Germany combined but has a population of little over two million?
11. What is Europe’s largest port?
12. Which river forms part of the boundary between Mexico and the United States?
13. If Mississippi lent Missouri her New Jersey, what would Delaware?
14. What is the laziest mountain in the world?
15. It can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps. What is it?
And now a little starter for Christmas!
16. Which country traditionally gives London’s Trafalgar Square its Christmas tree?
17. Which country gets Christmas first?
18. What country does Lapland belong to?
19. Why is Christmas Island, which belongs to Australia, named Christmas Island?
20. Why did the Romanian stop reading?
Looking for the answers to our little quiz to test those little grey cells?